Sunday, October 16, 2005

On the news

Anyway, over 40,000 have died now in Pakistan. Do you ever see it mentioned on the news, except for maybe a minute? Even the BBC website has pushed it to the side. 40,000 dead. When the New Orleans disaster happened it got a lot of coverage, although that has also subsided. The earthquake coverage barely lasted a few days. I don't get how people, normal everyday people, can be so indifferent and go about their lives as if nothing has happened. Don't think I feel this way because I'm pakistani (coz I'm not), or that I know people affected by the earthquake (I don't).

Also, look at this.

Was it good for Saddam to be ousted? I don't know, after reading stuff like that. But 100,00-150,000 Iraqis have died. and George Bush calls that freedom, thinks God told him to free the Iraqi people. Its unbelievable for him to say that, let alone believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment