Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Miro Cafe on Broadway











So this is my 2nd time in New York, and I'm seeing a lot of the same streets and buildings again. I've met some interesting people.

On Monday I walked into a Starbucks. I'm not a fan of Starbucks but I needed internet, but it turns out I couldn't get free wireless there anyway. Anyway, the guy behind the counter was skinny and Latino. I loved the way he talked. He had a long ponytail and a very thin beard, and said he liked my accent. And he went "no, you go ahead, you were first". He was so friendly and charming. I wanna meet more people like that.

Then yesterday I was in Brooklyn with a friend, and she ran into a person she knew. This lady had the cutest daughter, who had to be around 6 or something. I was introduced and the woman spoke to me in Arabic, I just nodded along. Her daughter was bugging her to get going and she replied brashly in Arabic. I was told later that she was saying very foul things to her kid, and does this often!

Anyway, these are a couple of the people that I've encountered so far. This place is so much more interesting than Michigan. Even this cafe, it has the weirdest architecture. And I'm sitting by the inside window that has a view of a courtyard, and there's gotta be about 10 floors on top of me. Looks right out of a film.

I was dropped off by my cousin yesterday who lives in Jersey, and we drove on the Hudson River Parkway. I had never been there before. It was really cool, and I looked to my left and there were tons of high-rise buildings with people inside, and I could see inside them and saw people watching TV, that sort of thing. Another thing that was straight out of a film. I couldn't take photos of it though because we were in the car, going fast.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:30 PM

    henna schmenna
    you are too cool for school i am so pumped you're back. glad you had a good tiem in new york. interesting lady. wish i would meet her. ok. bye.

    Palestine Zindabad!!!!

    G-TOWN :*

    ReplyDelete