Sunday, May 21, 2006

MSA doc

I am finally working on the MSA documentary! All of the footage has been captured, which took many trips and took me about a week. 11 tapes. Had more of 2nd semester been taped, it would've probably been 15. I'd probably would have gotten done capturing today. Ah well, there were just simply too many events. I've roughly edited about 5 events and its already 13 minutes! So perhaps its good more events were not taped.

While capturing the tapes for the eid dinner, a lot of Azhar Usman's jokes got stuck in my head. He wasn't great but he was funny, for desis.

On Indian films: "Noo one is supposed to know about this relationship! No one! It's a secret! Forbidden lowe!! THAT'S why they go dancing in the field!"

He did some great impersonations of aunties on the phone - you can tell he's Bihari.

On desi weddings: "Humgama! Tamasha! All those parties and arrangements and food and people and decorations and invitations and who knows what else, just to make two people happy. The two moms".

The fella's a big guy, with a big beard. On airplane rides: "I swear, one time, this guy came up to me and said '(laughing)...oh man, I was so scared! I thought you were gonna kill us! (continues to laugh) ohh geez, when you went to the bathroom, I was bout to stab you! For crying out loud!' For crying out loud! For crying out loud..that is the whitest expression ever. You'd never hear a black person say 'Hey for crying out loud man!"

Well, it was funny at the time.

1 comment:

  1. yeah feraz told me that they live by him, but i didn't know they babysat his kids.
    biharis!

    ReplyDelete