Sunday, October 08, 2006

"7.6" film



Last term I was involved with earthquake relief and awareness on my campus. Praise to God, we did quite well. We raised funds, had a really successful awareness dinner, and did various things throughout second semester. It was also good because we worked with other groups as well.
I think next time, if I'm going to do something like that again, I'm going to work on getting a core group of people to help me. Also, I should have focused on doing only 2 or 3 big events. Instead we had about 5 or 6. I learned to concentrate my efforts. Nevertheless it was overwhelmingly a good and positive experience.

I basically didn't blog while I was in NYC. Well, through amusing circumstances, I got involved with a bunch of people who formed an NGO called Foundation of Young Intellectuals. Basically their film "7.6" is about the impact the earthquake that happened in South Asia, exactly a year ago, affected children. They filmed kids painting about their experiences. I really liked the idea of the film, and so I signed on. As an intern, of course.

They are premiering it today at the South Asian International Film Festival. Of course I couldn't be there. I wish these guys all the best on this project and future ones. Honestly they were a really good bunch of people to work with and get to know; I was only with them for a few weeks but it was really great. I got to experience what real independent New York filmmaking is like, and how much these guys had to work - literally around the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment