Monday, June 16, 2014

It's Getting Better

A couple weeks ago I made and finished a new mix. Haven't made a mix in a couple years so it was fun to get back into it. I quite enjoyed putting the tunes together, though since I'm not a DJ, and probably won't be, please pardon my lack of mixing skills. :-)

This mix unlike my other mixes has more of a journey to it. It starts off with some poppy tunes then moves into dance music, both new and old, then goes into what I like to call "mind music", music for your mind that lets your mind travel, and then the last few tunes are from the "East", ie the producers are of Eastern origin, including, erm, myself. Here's the tracklist:

(mix starts up after 15 seconds)
Hot Natured - Benediction
AlunaGeorge - Your Drums Your Love
Thomas Bjerring feat. David Skog - 2:45
Todd Edwards - Saved My Life
KLF - 3am Eternal
Oliver Heldens - Gecko
Leon Vynehall - Brother
Kode9 - Bad
Happa - Bring It Back
Marie Claire D'Ubaldo - The Rhythm Is Magic (Todd Terry Rubber Mix)
Gerry Read - Roomland (Youandewan Remix)
Hyetal - Northwest Passage
Borealis - Streamsnare
Jamie xx - Sleep Sound
Leon Vynehall - Untitled017
Hena Ashraf - Marvel
Dauwd - Lydia
El Mahdy Jr. - Phantomatik (Alter Echo & E3 Remix)
Yasmine Hamdan - La Moush

I decided to call it "It's Getting Better" because I wanted an optimistic title. Have a listen if you want something to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment