Saturday, December 05, 2015

you can't make me.

addressed to (they): the alphabet soup of surveillance agencies, the racists, the o'reillys and bill mahrs

you want me to be like you? you want me to take my hijab off, go get drunk, mess around? you want me to assimilate, to conform, to what you think all americans/westerners supposedly do? and that doing all that would make me a so-called good muslim in your eyes? because otherwise i'm scary?

nah. i can call myself straight-edge, HXA, but really, i'm just muslim. i'm gonna keep this hijab on, and stay away from the drink, even though i get tempted, just to piss you off. just to not conform. just because you hate it. despite my actual faith going up and down. bring it. fight or flight. i fight, with my words, my art, because i can, and will.

No comments:

Post a Comment