Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Coldplay at DTE

I went yesterday to DTE Music Center (whatever its called) to see Coldplay live. The opening act was Rilo Kiley, some small band that I didn't like at all. Then come on Coldplay. They're a good act live and sounded good, and are such crowd-pleasers, from the visual effects to Chris Martin's antics. As always the coolest of them was the bassist, Guy. The concert was good but, I wasn't really feeling it. Usually I jump around a lot and sing to all the songs, but not last night. I definitely prefer gigs in small venues instead. A band playing in a small venue with a packed crown that's totally into it instead of standing around and taking photos, is much better. I can't think of any other bands I like that are as big as Coldplay, and I've already seen Oasis (which played in a very similar venue), so from now on it seems like I will only go to small concerts.

1 comment:

  1. to answer this here komal, since i already told you anyway, no. because interpol is playing at a movie palace built in 1922 (learned that in class)

    ReplyDelete