Saturday, December 17, 2005

books and paradise now

So I bought 4 books yesterday. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing.

White Teeth - Zadie Smith -already read, but I really liked it so I got a copy
The Interpreter of Maladies - Jhumpa Lahiri - want to see what the deal is about this author
Down and Out In Paris and London - George Orwell
The Home and the World - Rabindranath Tagore

An hour later I was across the street to see Paradise Now. I saw it back in October at a screening with the director, who was a very cool, honest bloke. This film gives an interesting and personal perspective on Palestinian suicide bombers. I highly recommend it, for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:45 PM

    one word: library

    ReplyDelete
  2. screw you, big brother. stop spying on me.

    ReplyDelete