Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Disco?

I thoroughly enjoy spending time in record shops, either when I'm looking for stuff or looking and knowing I won't buy anything.

Now when I was in one of these record shops (it was Encore Records in Ann Arbor, extremely messy and packed), they had a TV that was playing some old Bollywood film. It had that ugly guy, Mithun or someone, who was big in the 70s/80s? I thought it was funny that they were playing such a film, and it had no subtitles. So this shop that's full of white Ann Arbor intellectuals/music freaks is playing this silly Indian film. When I was about to leave a song came on, and they sang "D! I! S! C! O! DISCO!", and the actor went "I am a disco dancer! I am a disco dancer!". Why the hell is such a film on in such a record shop I wonder.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:45 PM

    Well, it's not cool that you said "f'ing". Go to NYC, or SF and you'll see multicultural America--don't judge based on Michigan, which barely exists in the real world. I already have the Bloc Party album, so you didn't really need to buy that. Anyway, enough of that. I remember that Indian film! Me and Feraz used to like it cos we though Mithun Chakarbartee was cool and Mum and Dad had the soundtrack. That was one of our favourites, you should've found out the name! Classic India film, when the dirtiest they got was a wet sari, and you were guaranteed at least ten fights per flick. Dishom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're kidding right? You two liked that film?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:50 PM

    I can't remember the film, but we did think Mithun was cool, and we liked that song, or at least ppl kept playing it for us. Yes, we developed our tastes early.

    ReplyDelete